25 July, 2010

01 - your best friend



eek, it's pretty bad that i kind of close up when i'm asked who my best friend is, isn't it?
i guess i don't really have a single best friend, i'm lucky enough to have a number of amazing people in my life, who i can go to with different things and stuff and each one of them are amazing in different ways, so yeah...


naomi lyons-vernon -
"let go of your heart, let go of your head and feel it now, babylon..."
to me, being best friends with someone isn't just a label and i've never felt that way with her. i'm not going to go on and on about her here because i really can't be bothered over thinking through everything and ending up upset and whatever but in my eyes, naomi is simply amazing and she always has been. she's such a sweet natured person with so much passion for everything she does and without even realising it, she's made me a stronger person, she's made me look at things head on and confront my fears and stuff when all i've wanted to do is run a million miles from everything. she'll never understand what a huge impact she's had on me and how much i miss her when we go so long without talking : / i don't really know what's going to happen with us in the future but all i know is that she's made me the person i am today and i'm so, ridiculously grateful to even know her because she really is incredible.



caroline grundy -
"i felt you in my life before i even thought to..."
christ on a bike, where am i meant to start with this girl?! firstly, it's hilarious that the only picture of us together is that one up there ^ :') um, well, basically, we've been through a lot together and i have so much respect for her i can't even begin to tell you just how much because i don't even know myself, if that makes sense? i admire her and her ability to always try her best at everything she does, i kind of wish i could be a little more like her. she's never once made me feel uncomfortable with me just being, well, me and that's kind of crazy if you consider everything... we spend about 25 hours a day talking about the strangest things and we just kind of click together, there's never been any issues with us because we both seem to get exactly where one another is coming from. i never, ever would have thought i would have been able to class her as a real friend, let alone a best friend but it's so easy for me to do that which, i'm not gonna lie, i absolutely love. i really do trust her with my life and she's living proof that amazingly amazing things can come from awful situations.



lauren hayes -
"she knows, there'll always be a special place in my heart for her, she knows, no matter how far apart we are, she knows i'm always right there beside her..." << ohmygod, phil collins lyrics :')
i could type and type and type about how much i love lauren but it simply wouldn't be enough. i've known her since the very beginning of high school and we're still just as close are we were then now and i have no doubts in my mind that that's the way it's always going to be. every little phase and stage i've had, she's not been far behind, she's put up with me when i've been at my very best and at my very worst and she's just been completely consistent through the lot of it. we can go aaages without seeing each other and then when we meet up, we just fit back together perfectly and it's like we've only spent like a day apart or something. i know it sounds stupidly cheesy and stuff but i'm so proud of her, she's one of the most hard working people i've ever met and i know she's always going to be in my life cos, well, she just has to be, that's love babes, that's love!

louise heyes -
"she's electric, she's in a family full of eccentrics..."
christ. if i was to go through all the stuff me and lou have witnessed together, well, that'd be special, thinking about it, it really does all sound made up cos it's so bizarre :') she is one of the most down to earth people i've ever met and i can talk to her for hours and hours about the most random stuff and then really serious *shrugs* it's quite a skill i guess! if i've got a problem at like, 3am, i know i can go to her, no questions asked and she's not the kind of person to just be like 'oh it'll all be okay, blah blah blahhh' she gives me proper, heartfelt advice and helps me through so much, in all honesty i think she's a bit of an inspirational person, she is fiercely loyal and will do anything for the people she really cares about and i count myself really lucky to be amongst those people. we're obsessed with coronation street, she stalks me like a son of a bitch and she's with child = THIS IS A BEEEEAUTIFUL COMBINATION!




catharine crowson -
"i refuse to regret, i'm so glad i met you..."
come on, on a list like this i couldn't exactly leave her out?! we've been through so much together and i know for an absolute certainty that i wouldn't be the person i am now without her and the influence she's had on me. when i look back in like, twenty years or something, she's going to be someone who comes to my mind instantly because she taught me so much, i won't say everything was perfect twenty four seven but i won't lie and say it was all bad because that would be so far from the truth, more often than not we were amazing and i'm so lucky to be able to say that. most people don't get the chance to meet someone like cat, someone who you can stay beside for however long and grow next to and learn from and all that kind of stuff but i am fortunate enough to say that i've had that, that's exactly what i had in her. some of my best memories have been created with her and that means so much to me, basically, when it comes down to it, an awful lot of the person i am now is based around her. i think i was quite bitter and angry about so much relating to us but all of that has kind of gone now and i'm so glad because i'm able to just view things differently, in a way that just makes me insanely grateful for everything we went through together and i hope that i'll always be able to call her my friend.

and last but by no means least...

(as if we don't have a picture of the eight of us!)
emily cotton, polly williams, rhia micklewright, emma parsons, nicola lever-jones,
 bronwyn davies and danielle hardman -
"sometimes i feel like saying lord i just don't care, but you've got the love i need to see me through..."
i could type and type and type and just never stop but i'll never, ever be able to explain the amount of love i have for each of these girls. they're not just my friends, they're my family. i would do anything for any of them and i hope they all know that. before i went to uni, loads of things were really up and down for me but each of them have changed that in their own ways. it's crazy how different we all are yet we all match up together so well. they've all made me look at things in a completely new way and i can't even put into words how much fun i've had over this past year and pretty much all of that is to do with them. i have absolutely no hesitation in saying that i'll be friends with emcakes, poll, rhi rhi, ems, nicnic, winnie and daniiboi for the rest of my life and i can't even explain how lucky that makes me feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment